BCWPA Officials Technical Group Terms
BC Water Polo is pleased to announce the formation of the Officials Technical Group, November 2010. This body, which will encompass all registered officials within the BCWPA, has the following mandates:
To improve the level of officiating by:
- Providing workshops and clinics, both theoretical and technical;
- Making teaching aids available;
- Registering all officials in British Columbia with the B.C. Water Polo Association;
- Conducting Disciplinary Hearings and investigations for OTG membership; and
- Conducting regular evaluations every officiating season
To improve the game of Water Polo by:
- Promoting good fellowship amongst Association members;
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of relationship with Association members, officials and coaches of the various levels of teams and leagues with whom the OTG shall make its services available;
- Providing opportunity for input concerning the rules and regulations involved in the “calling of the game”; and
- Upholding the rules according to the most current Water Polo Canada rulebook and the most current FINA rulebook with the only exception being those rules changed or permitted within a particular tournament/event sanction.
A group of experienced senior officials has agreed to assist in the startup of this organization and the BCWPA has appointed Gabor Toth to act as the interim chair until the group has been fully established - with all officiating members of BCWPA being registered - and an election for the executive of the group can be held as determined by the BCWPA Board.
For more information contact the
Executive Director, BC Water Polo Association